After you connect your Xbox One Controller to your Windows 10 PC, you find that you can’t play games using the controller. You may assume the driver is not installed. But it’s expected that Windows automatically downloads and installs the driver for the controller. What happen then?
You’re right that Windows 10 automatically installs the driver as soon as you connect it to the computer. But it’s still possible that Windows doesn’t install the driver. In this case, you need to update the driver on your own. There are two ways to install and update the driver. Just choose the way that’s easier for you.
In the Properties window, click the Hardware Tab (2.2) and verify that in the Device Functions window you don’t see a Driver with name “Xbox One Controller” and Type “Xbox Peripherals” (2.3). Then click Properties (2.4). In the other Properties window that would pop up, click ‘Change Settings’ (3.1).
Way 1: Update the Driver via Device Manager
Way 2: Update the Driver Using Driver Easy
For software and drivers, select your product from the list below. Xbox One Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows. Manuals Product Guide. Windows XP SP2 or later (32-bit only) Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2. Windows 7 (32-bit only). These are official drivers which allow an Xbox One Controller to be installed and used with a Windows PC The new PC drivers will enable the Xbox One controller to be used with any game that featured gamepad support for the Xbox 360 controller. Simply download and install the drivers, connect your Xbox One controller to your computer through a.
If Windows doesn’t install the driver automatically, you can update the driver manually via Device Manager. Follow these steps:
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Expand the branch Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
4) Right-click on the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select Update driver (On lower Windows 10 versions, select Update Driver Software).
5) Click Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will install the new driver for the device.
6) Check to see if you can use the Xbox One Controller properly.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1)Downloadand install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and clickScan Now. Gta vice city free download. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click theUpdate button next to a flagged Xbox Controller driver to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install the driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or clickUpdate All to automatically download and install the correct version ofallthe drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Just use one of two ways here to update the driver for your Microsoft Xbox One Controller on Windows 10.
Hope the tips help you update Xbox One Controller driver on Windows 10 easily. If you have any questions, please leave your comments below. We’d love to hear of any ideas and suggestions.